There are many prophecies written centuries ago mentioning texts such as "not far from 2000" or "near the end of 20th century". The prophecies below were collected from different books, many of them translated from French and Italian. Some prophecies describe chemical weapons, huge ocean floods during the earth changes (which are close) and even the disappearing of countries.
The main events below, which seem assigned to happen in this or in the next four years, can be noted on the prophecies:
2000 is the last year of this millennium. You can get this information also in Internet, from many serious organizations in many countries. And the explanation is simple. Our calendar is a little bizarre and does not have the year 0, because in the past the Occidental people didn't know the number zero. So, the counting goes from -1 to +1, +2,... So the first (positive) millennium started in the year 1 and finished at the end of the year 1000. The second one started in the year 1001 and will finish only after the year 2000 ends. The same happens to century and decade, although it sounds strange that we still are in the 90s.
1) Alois Irlmaier (1894-1959) was a simple Christian man who lived in
Freilassing, Germany. During his life, he did several prophecies correctly,
helping the police to discover criminals, telling if the soldiers would
return alive or not from the Second World War, helping in the diagnosis
of the ill etc. He spoke on the third war, and according to him, it would
begin anywhere exactly after the murder of a big one near the Arabs and
a murder in the Balcans.
"I see three nines, but I don't know what this mean" - Will the third war be related to something happened in 1999, such as Putin who suddenly appear in the international scenary? Please, take a look in the interpretation of Nostradamus prophetic quatrian X.72 below.
2) In the book Liber Vaticinationem Quodam, written near the year 350, it is read about a war that will begin at the end of this millennium and will go through the beginning of the next century:
"The third millennium is the moment of the third great war. France is destroyed; the earth shakes...."
3) The prophecy below is said to be old, but it seems there is not a reference to her before 1915.
" (...) the whole earth is filled with turbulence and discontent. The rulers use their vast powers for greater domination and the struggling multitude uncoils itself like a serpent seeking its prey. They seize nations against their neighbors and waste their strength to break one another. The victors are too far spent to shout (...) for the last half of the hour is wombed with the most terrible period of the Earth's history (...) and when the last quarter of the last hour arrived (...) the yellow hordes in the place of the Rising Sun (Japan) and the white hosts of the middle kingdom (Middle East and Russia) have joined hands (...) and behold, they pour out their terrifying wrath upon the inhabitants of the island kingdom (England), which is swelled with victory and grown fat upon the commerce of sea and land. (...)"
If one century is considered above as one day (with 24 hours), then one hour will be equal to 4,1666 years or about 4 years. The last quart of hour would mean the last year of the millennium - 2000.
4) The following prophecy was found at the end of the 19th century in the library of Monastery Neamt, in Romania. It is supposed that the prophecy was written in the 14th century.
"Unknown diseases and plagues will accompany the end of the Millennium, because the last beast will liberate gold and poison... and the gold will produce despair, while the poison will produce death. In the time of the seventh seal, the earth will be an abandoned factory of poisons. And the few wise men that will remain, will not be able to make another thing but to invoke the anger of God, so that the impious beast which will have destroyed the life be destroyed".
5) Maria Laach, German religious woman, who did several prophecies in the 16th century:
"The 20th century will bring death and destruction, apostasy of the Church, discord in the families, cities and governments; it will be the century of three great wars with intervals of some decades. They will turn more devastating and bloody and they will leave in ruins not only Germany, but all the countries of the Est and West. (...) After a great defeat of Germany, a great war will come. There won't be bread for the people and food for animals. Poisonous clouds, created by human hands, will lower and will exterminate everything. The human mind will be taken by madness."
6) At his time, Stormberger was well-known for his prophecies. Several Austrian specialists of prophecies from the area of Bavaria documented his prophecies, but the books containing his writings were condemned by the Nazists and were burned, because they foresaw Hitler's defeat, who was interested in prophecies. But fragments telling that he foresaw the invention of cars, trains and airplanes survived. He said with precision the day that the First World War would begin, its duration, the weapons. He predicted the Great Depression in 1929, the Third Reich, the Second World War, the Swastika, the defeat and the division of Germany etc. He also said that there would be three world wars in the 20th century:
"Two or three decades after the first war it will come one a Second War still larger. Almost all the nations of the world will be involved. Millions of men will die, without being soldiers. The fire will fall from the sky and many great cities will be destroyed. And after the end of the Second Great War, a third universal conflagration will come, so that it will determine everything. There will be weapons totally new. In one day, more men will die than in all the previous wars. The battles will be accomplished with artificial weapons (chemical bombs). Gigantic catastrophes will happen. With the open eyes, the nations of the planet will go through these catastrophes. They won't know what is happening, and those that know and tell, will be silenced. Everything will be different from before, and in many places the Earth will be a great cemetery. The third war will be the end of many nations".
7) German Monk, Ludwig Heinrich, who lived in the 17th century:
"In the last years of the 20th century, one will see the disappearing of countless animal species, killed by man. But at the end, it will be the man that it will condemn the man to the death, because everything that grows on the earth will contain the essence of the death. The air will be the blow of the death, and as soon as the man breathe it, he will breathe the death ". (chemical weapons)
"As soon as the millennium touches its end, it will rain from the sky one pestilence never saw before on the earth. And this pestilence will remove all the force from the man; and the man won't be able more to fight, even against the worm that crawls on the earth". (chemical weapons)
8) It is believed that the following prophecy, found in Monastery of Sainte Claire, Perpignan, in France, is from the 14th century. It was attributed by some to Abbot Reymond. The text is divided in five parts, each part prophesying about a century of the last five of the millennium. Here is a text from the last part:
"For stranger than the last times may seem, the last century of the millennium will overcome all the others. It will be similar to one car that moves with difficulty, guided by unable and servants of Satan. In that period of terror, there will be great spiritual poverty. (...) Many kings will lose the throne and some kings will recover the throne. A war will begin. (first war). After, another war comes. (second war) and so another war. (third war) From the sky the hell will fall. In the anguish of a bad life, the man will finish poisoning everything. (chemical bombs) Poisoned clouds will cover the earth. Monstrous machines will dominate the skies. (planes with bombs) The fire will destroy many cities. The men will finish destroying each other ".
9) Parts from the following prophecy, coming from the Cloister of Mariental, in Magonza, Germany, found in the beginning of the 19th century, happened accurately. It tells on the First and Second world war, on the coming of the Nazism and the division and reunification on the Germany. About the future, it is said:
"They will be only eighteen days. But they will be eighteen thorns for the whole world. They will enter in the men's flesh, in a time that not too far from the 2000 (...) And for the coming events of the 20th century... a war will break out, and will make all the precedent wars disappear. Rivers of fire will fall from the clouds, where there are no clouds (...) All the capitals in the two sides of the ocean will be destroyed"
10) Prophecy of Staretz, Russian origin, appeared near 1850:
"The last century of the millennium is a mountain, on which three beasts (wars) sleep. The first one will wake up in the beginning of the road (century). And from its throat will go out blood. The Second will wake up in the middle of the road. And from its throat it will come fire. The third will wake up at the end of the road. And from its throat will come the horrible heresy".
11) Prophecy of Saint Anastacy, found at the end of the 16th century in a Monastery in Moscow.
"The small nations (Arabs?) form a great nation. And they will be in wars. In the final part of the millennium, an invisible serpent will shake the people, which will move through the earth, as starving wolves, spreading hunger and plagues. Rome and Moscow will fall in the deepest disorder. The end of the millennium will see a lot of violence and blood. (...) The walls of the churches will be spotted with blood".
12) The Ladino Prophecy, a Italian seer of the 18th century:
"The sea is crazy. Many lands will tremble. One deep plow will pass in the lands of the world. The Great Serpent will be born in the East. When the millennium arrives its end, the Christians will be equally pagans. The only faith will be on the money and on power; the mistake, the corruption and the violence will thriumph".
13) The Russian Monk Rasputin, who did prophecies fulfilled - on his murder, on the Russian Revolution etc. said:
"Mankind is going in the direction of the catastrophe. The less able ones will be guiding the car. This will happen in Russia, France, Italy and in other places. The humanity will be squashed by the lunatics' roar. The wisdom will be chained. The ignorant and the prepotent ones will dictate the laws to the wise and to the humble person. So, most of the humanity will believe in the powerful ones and not more in God. The punishment of God will come late, but it will be tremendous. And it will arrive before our century ends. Then, finally the wisdom will be free from the chains and the man will return entirely to God, as the baby who goes to his mother. In this way, mankind will arrive on the terrestrial paradise".
14) Saint Anselm, Bishop of Sunium (13th century)
"You will be ruined, city of seven hills (Rome), when the letter
K will be praised in your walls (Karol Woytilla, the Pope John Paul II).
Then, your fall will be near. (...) And you, man of big beard (the Muslim
leader), you will lose it and you will lose your value in the whole world,
for having presided the death of the Pontiff called John Obi ". (John Paul
is the only Pope that adopted two names. Bis is two in Latin).
15) Sister Elena Leonardi Aiello, Italian nun (20th century, already passed)
In her revelations, the Sister predicted some facts confirmed, as the defeat of Italy in Second World War. She said in 1960 that "Russia, with secret weapons, will fight against United States, conquer Europe and the river Rhine in Germany will be full of cadavers". She also said that "Russia will invade Europe and, especially in Italy, will cause ruin and destruction".
"When an extraordinary sign appear in the sky, the men should know that the punishment of the world is close. Many signs will come on the world to advise mankind that they have already passed the limits. Russia will march over all the nations of Europe and will place its flag over Saint Peter in Rome. What a pain! The governments don't understand, because they do not possess the true Christian spirit, they open the doors to materialism". (April of 1976)
16) The quatrain X.72 of Nostradamus, one of the world most famous persons from the 16th century:
"L'an mil neuf cent nonante neuf sept mois,
Du ciel viendra um grand Roy d'effrayeur
Ressusciter le grand Roy d'Angoulmois
Avant après Mars regner par bon-heur."
1999, seven months
from the sky comes the great king of fright
the great king of Angoulmois lives again
before after March/war rules for success (victory)
The quatrain is certainly on the appearing of a king, that is, a world leader and perhaps also on war.
First line talks on July, 1999. But during Nostradamys days, the Julian calendar was used and not the calendar which we use (Gregorian calendar) today. Due to a mistake in the Julian calender, instituted by the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar, the Pope Gregory in 1582 changed the calendar into the Gregorian inserting 10 days - the days from 5 to 14 of October of 1582. So when her mentions July, we will have to add 10 days, which would mean from 10th of July to 10th of August.
Second and third line are on a world leader. Putin was chosed Prime Minister (or Vice President) in 9th of August, 1999. It is inside these period prophetised 450 years ago by Nostradamus. Also, it was in August of 1999 that the planets were forming a cross in the sky. And also in August 11th there was the last total eclipses of this millennium.
The King of Angoulmois was Francis I, king from 1515-1547, exactly the main part of Nostradamus life! Please, consult Groliers to get more information on Angoulmois, Angouleme and Francis I. In few words, the kingdom of Francis I was characterised by wars against the Emperor of the Roman Empire, Charles V, king of many European countries at his time. So, the king of Angoulmois fights against Europe. This Angoulmois king also counted with help from Muslims. But lost all wars.
The last line is not so clear, "Mars" can be March or/and War and "bon-heur,
bonheur or bon heur" could be happiness, success or even prediction. I
preferred to see this line with Mars happing a double sense (meaning March
and war) and bonheur meaning success (related to victory). So the line
would say: "before after March, the war will rule for success". The before
can be also related to the previous line. The voting day in Russia who
turned Putin the President was 25th of March, 2000. He was rules before
17) Merlin, who would have lived in the time of King Arthur, near 5th and 7th centuries, said:
"Before the christianism has 2000 years, the east will inflamate
and many people will die. There will be a Pope (John Paul II) who will
not dare to remain in Rome."
18) In Saint Nicolas chapel, in the city of Popovka, near Taganrog and the sea of Azov, a prophecy of a monk called Pouskof, dating from the 15th century:
"At the end of the 20th century, Russia will see great disorders. The houses, people and lands will be transformed by blood. We will see terrible things through pictures (TV). What is above will go down. (conversion). What is below will return to the high".
19) Prophecy of a Sister of Queen Brigite Order, Rome (published in the 70s)
"The third world war will begin few days after a murder of a leader in the sector of Yoguslavia-Hungria".
20) The German magazine Neues Europa published in 1963 what it said to be the third part of the secret of the apparition at Fatima, Portugal in 1917. The message explains that a "the great war will come in the second part of the 20th century. The fire and the smoke will fall from the sky and the waters from the oceans will become vapour, projecting its scum up to sky and destroying everything below. And millions and millions of people will die from one hour to another...". In 1981, in Fulda, Germany, when asked what was this secret message, the Pope Jean Paul II answered: "Due to the seriousness of the contents of the Fatima secret, my predecessors in the Throne of Peter have preferred to postpone the publication. Furthermore, it may be enough to the christian people to know that, if there is a message saying that the oceans will flood whole parts of the globe, and millions of people will die, from a minute to another, it is not really the case to will the publication of this secret message."
21) Prophecy in a manuscript from the 16th century:
"When the history of the mankind enters the year 2000... the scythe of the moon will burn the leaves. (...) Because in this time the scythe of the moon will be the law that will slave the world."
The scythe was the symbol of the comunism, which would be Russia today and the moon is the symbol of the Muslims.
22) The spiritualist Brother "X", published in the 50s, in Brazil:
"At the end of the century, the earth will be a chaos. Its surface will be scorched by the fire of the atomic bombs. Europe will be a vast cemetery. Asia and Africa will be true deserts. Part of America will be horribly destroyed. The polar ice, because the efect of the verticalization of the axis of the earth, will shift abruptly, inundating many regions. The waters will cover immense extension of the earth and the inhabitable part of the continents will be reduced to one third".
23) The Italian seer Gina Bonet declared to the press some decades ago,
in this century: "The Coliseum and the Eiffel Tower will be destroyed
and one third of the humankind will die in an atomic war, before the
end of the century."
24) The religious French woman Jeanne de la Royer, who lived in the 18th century, famous for her prophecies, said that "the year 2000 will not arrive without the end of times, as I saw in the divine light."
25) Bartolomew Holzhauser, born in Bavaria in 1631 and died in 1658, did prophecies on the First World War, the Russian Czar and the Second World War. He stated that in the end of the 20th century, there will be a terrible chastisement.
26) In his book "Prophecies on Future Happenings" published in 1536, Paracelso said that the last century of the millennium would be a time of "changes, unquietness, dissatisfaction and illness" (produced by chemical bombs?)
27) Prophecy of a Saint-Almis Templar
"Near the middle of the last year (2000?), the signals and the number will appear in the sky. The iron birds will obscure the sun. The beasts of Apocalypse will come out from the sea. The flames from the hell will surround the Earth. At the same time, the sky will burn and the sea will grow and the lands will be swallowed. And the man will know the truth".
28) Filippo di Lione (March 28th, 1897):
"In one hundred years, there will be a cataclism so that the Earth will be rotated and we will be in the South Pole (...) because this century (20th) will not end without the happening of all these things."
29) This prophecy of Saint Bernadette, received at Lourdes in the 19th century, was discovered in December of 1998 by a French Father researching in Vatican Library. The prophecy was in a letter found in Vatican. It is published in http://www.unitypublishing.com/prophecy/bernadette.html and was written by Vincenzo Sardi, Weekly World News, copyright © 1999. The letter has five prophecies, four of them already fulfilled. Part of the fifth prophecy says:
"On the eve of 2000, a final clash between the followers of Mohammed and the Christians nations of the world will take place. (...) But in the fullness of time, the signal of the cross will prevail and all of Islam will be forced to convert to Christianism. There will follow a century of peace and joy as all the nations of the Earth lay down their swords and and shields."
30) Teresa Musco (1943-1976) was an Italian person who, when 8 years old, received messages from Mary. In one of them, registered in her Diary of 1951, it was written that "the Father will send a great chastisement to humankind in the second half of this century". She also received some other interesting messages.
31) In Dozulé (a small city 250km from Paris), France, Madalena Aumont started to receive messages from Christ, after four years without going to the Church. In 1974, she received a message saying that "If mankind does not oppose against Satan, I will let him act, and there will be the calamity, a calamity as never seen since the deluge, and this will happen before the end of the century".
32) The Spanish prophet called Bug de Milhas (passed in 1848), who lived in the mountains alone, predicted the French Revolution, the coming of Napoleon, the invasion of Spain by the French and other different prophecies, said that ďAn European war is announced by many prophets and their predictions will be accomplished: what can the man do against the power of destiny?!..."
33) This text below, according to a French book, is from a manuscript near 4000 years old, found in the Buddhist temple of Lhassa, in Tibet (forgive my translation):
"When the star of Baal dropped to the right where there is nothing
more than sky and sea, the seven cities trembled and worried with its gold
towers and transparent (glasses?) temples, as the leaves of trees do during
a storm. A torrent of fire fall over the palace. Cries from dying persons
and moans in the crowd filled the airs. The people went to find a hiding
place in the temples and in the castles. So the wise Mu, great priest of
Ra-Mu stands up and says:
- Didn't I predict all this to come?
Men and women, dressed with their precious clothes, covered with precious stones, begged:
- Mu, save us!
- You will die, with your slaves and your treasures. From your ashes new peoples will come. If these peoples forget they should dominate the material things not only to progress, but also not to be diminished, the same fate will surprise them.
The flames and the fog choked the words of the wiseman. The country and its inhabitants were smashed and swallowed in the abysms (of the oceans)."